Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This is a test post.

They said the key to a successful college career was to maintain a good, organized schedule. If someone asks me what I’m doing on, let’s say, Wednesday, I can easily explain to them: when my classes are, if I have work or not, how long I’ll be spending doing homework and studying, and even when I’ll be hitting the gym. But you know what’s really sad? I can tell them where I’ll be going out that evening too. After four years in this town, it seems that even my social life has been organized, compartmentalized, and simplified so that I always know where I’m going and when I’m getting there. Where’s the fun in that?

Too often we forget how much there really is to do in Gainesville, and we opt to do what we always do, because, frankly, we don’t know any better. Grog on Wednesdays, Cantina on Thursdays, :08 on Fridays, Gator City on Saturdays, rinse and repeat. Sound familiar? Where’s the variety, people?! There’s more to Gainesville than your favorite Midtown bar or downtown club. How about going to see some live music at the Common Grounds, or watching girls wail on each other at Roller Derby, or dominating Trivia Night at Gator City or Hooters, or catching some kind of production at the Hipp? There’s more to do than just get trashed at the same place you always get trashed at.

So, my fellow lovers of Gainesville, I challenge you to switch things up, to find something new, to boldly go where you and your friends have never gone before! Experience Gainesville for all it’s worth. And where’s the best place to find out what cool things your night might have in store for you, you may ask? Citisync’s What’s Happening page, of course. Check it out now and expand the realm of possibility.

–Ryan Levick

No comments: